- This event has passed.
Clinical Society: Chronic Spinal Pain (Port Macquarie)
December 4, 2019 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Registration via Eventbrite
Low back pain is now the leading cause of disability worldwide. Treatment of chronic spinal pain is often complicated and adoption of best practice treatment guidelines is sometimes a challenge.
This event brings together GPs, nurses, allied health professionals and Local Health District staff to:
- Discuss and strategise approaches to overcoming the practical challenges of adopting best practice guidelines for chronic spinal pain; and
- Facilitate the collaborative implementation of cease-and-wean plans and other de-prescribing strategies.
By attending this workshop, participants will have increased their confidence, knowledge and skills to enable them to:
- Identify alternatives to the use of opioids in the management of acute or chronic pain.
- Identify potential red and yellow flags in chronic spinal pain.
- Identify when imaging is appropriate for chronic spinal pain.
- Effective communication to reduce fear of movement and empower self-management.
5:30pm – Registration, Networking & Dinner
6:00pm – Workshop commences
8:30pm – Close