- This event has passed.
Clinical Society: Head & Neck Pain (Coffs Harbour)
December 3 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pmFree
Registration via Eventbrite
“Alice, a 58-year old female presents to your clinic with acute onset of pain on the left side of her face. This is on a background of chronic neck pain and headaches. She takes Suboxone 16mg daily (opiate replacement therapy) to manage her opiate dependence. Alice is requesting your assistance to help with her acute pain.”
Pain in the head and neck can be diagnostically difficult as well as complex in management. It is a common presentation to many primary health providers. It is also a common reason for referral to medical specialists.
This new style of workshop will be:
- Highly interactive with no PowerPoint
- Multi-disciplinary with opportunities for networking to enhance team based care
- Innovative in style and delivery.
It is recommended for any health professional who works within this domain (GPs, pharmacists, dentists, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, exercise physiologists, optometrists and psychologists).
By attending this workshop, participants will have increased their confidence, knowledge and skills to enable them to:
- Develop a step wise approach towards the diagnosis of head and neck pain
- Recognise red flags that may warrant urgent intervention for head and neck pain
- Identify local interdisciplinary team members who may be able to assist with the diagnosis and management of this condition
- Explain current options for head and neck pain management
- Reflect on current work practices that may need to change following the session.
5:30pm – Registration, Networking & Dinner
6:00pm – Workshop commences
8:30pm – Close