- This event has passed.
CPD: Diagnosing Dementia (Tweed Valley)
October 17 @ 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Registration via Eventbrite
Are you a GP or AMS Team Member or Allied Health Practitioner caring for people in the early stages of dementia?
Do you find the process of diagnosing dementia challenging?
Would you benefit from a practical, step-wise approach to the diagnosis of dementia in your practice?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then this interactive practical workshop could be the one for you.
This workshop aims to improve the knowledge and skills of those attending to assist them to more confidently diagnose dementia in the general practice setting.
By attending this workshop, participants will have increased their confidence, knowledge and skills to enable them to:
- Understand the difference between normal aging and dementia
- Identify and diagnose dementia in the general practice setting
- Modify risk factors that impact on the development and progression of dementia
- Assist people with dementia, their families and carers to access appropriate resources and information
Facilitator and Schedule
This interactive workshop will be facilitated by Dr Hilton Koppe.
Local dementia experts and aged care teams will be in attendance to answer questions on specific local issues.
5:30pm – Arrival and registration
6:00pm – Dinner
6:30pm – Workshop commences
9:00pm – Close
- Allocated 5 Category 2 points (Activity 171718) in the RACGP QI&CPD Program
- 2.5 CPD hrs for nurses and allied health professionals