From Cure to Care: Strategies for End of Life Care
Tuesday, March 3 @ 5:45 pm - 8:30 pmFree
Registration via eventbrite:
Suitable for GPs, practice nurses, allied health practitioners, AMS staff including health workers, pharmacists, RACF and LHD staff.
This multidisciplinary workshop is designed to assist health practitioners in the Casino region to offer high quality care to their dying patients, including reducing distress and discomfort during the terminal phase and reducing unplanned transfers to hospital for dying patients. This event will also offer strategies for managing the emotional impact of caring for people at the end of their life.
Anna Law, End of Life Care Project Lead from the Northern NSW Local Health District, will be joined by local palliative care specialists, to lead this interactive workshop and address specific local needs.
By attending this workshop, participants will have increased their confidence, knowledge and skills to enable them to:
- Effectively reduce/relieve suffering by applying evidence based approaches to managing physical and psychological distress at the end of life
- Effectively reduce/relieve distress for family members and carers of dying patients
- Reduce likelihood of unplanned transfer to hospital for patient at their end of their life by:
– ensuring advance care planning is complete for people approaching end of life
– recognition of the terminal stage in a patient’s journey
– effective communication with other health care team members
- Apply strategies to manage the emotional impact of working with people at the end of their life
5:45pm – Registration, Networking & Dinner
6:30pm – Workshop commences
8:30pm – Close
- RACGP and ACRRM points pending
- 2 CPD hours for nurses and allied health professionals