ABC of ADHD
Wednesday, February 19 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pmFree
Registration via eventbrite:
Diagnosing Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in children can be challenging and requires a multidisciplinary team approach from initial presentation to diagnosis and subsequent management.
Facilitated by Dr Nispa Krongkaew, this interactive workshop will bring together an expert panel consisting of a GP, paediatrician, child psychologist and psychiatrist and follow the journey of an early primary school aged child where concerns about behaviour have been raised by his class teacher.
This case study will be explored in a Q&A style presentation and attendees will have the opportunity to participate and contribute their knowledge and experience during the discussion.
By attending this workshop, participants will have increased their confidence, knowledge and skills to enable them to:
- Recognise how children with ADHD may present in general practice.
- Develop a framework in considering differential diagnoses.
- Refer appropriately to local services available for assessment and management.
- Explain how other clinicians contribute to the management of ADHD in a multidisciplinary team approach.
6:00pm – Registration, Networking & Dinner
6:30pm – Workshop commences
8:30pm – Close
- RACGP points pending
- 2 CPD hours for nurses and allied health professionals