Health Care Practice Reception & Administration Training
Wednesday, March 18 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm$100
This interactive workshop is designed to equip reception and administration staff working in a broad range of health care practices including GP, medical specialist, allied health and dental, with the skills they need to effectively perform their busy and demanding role. This workshop will provide practical advice and resources, with a range of topics discussed using a case study and scenario approach.
This workshop is a great opportunity to spend some time with other practice administrators to share ideas, knowledge and experiences. Bring your questions to discuss and have them resolved by a panel of subject matter experts.
registration via eventbrite:
Reception and administration staff are key to any organisation running professionally and smoothly. Within the health care setting, they are on the frontlines of keeping patients happy as well as supporting the practice team. They need to work professionally and seamlessly, regardless of how busy and challenging things get. Topics to be discussed include:
- Documentation and reporting, including responsibilities and expectations in relation to confidentiality, privacy and security.
- Common professional and ethical dilemmas faced working in a health care practice, including:
- dealing with aggressive behaviour
- inclusivity and diversity
- identifying and managing risks
- observing and chaperoning of patients.
By attending this workshop, participants will have increased their confidence, knowledge and skills to enable them to:
- Identify and apply best practice standards relating to confidentiality, privacy and security.
- Understand their role in identifying risks impacting the health care practice.
- Manage difficult and aggressive patients, including strategies for dealing with the waiting room environment.
- Understand and apply their responsibilities in supporting inclusitivity and diversity in the workplace.
- Understand the requirements of the observer in the practice environment.
Registration is $100 and includes 3 hours of professionally delivered educational content, lunch, and the opportunity to have your questions resolved by a panel of subject matter experts.
12:00pm – Registration, Lunch & Networking
1:00pm – Introduction and Welcome
1:15pm – Presentation and Case Study Discussion
3:00pm – Interactive Discussion and Q&A
4:00pm – Close
Angela Mason-Lynch is a Risk Advisor for Avant. She has extensive experience managing practices of various disciplines and sizes.
Rockey Ruperto is the Legal and Policy Officer for Avant. He advocates for changes to health related legislation, regulation and policy with the aim of making a positive difference to the practise of medicine.